Modern Packaging are committed in safeguarding your personal data, we have developed this policy explaining how we collect, use and protect your information.
- What type of personal data that we collect
- How and why we collect and use your personal data
- Who, when and why we share your personal data within Modern Packaging and other organisations
- What are your rights and choices when it comes to your personal data.
What type of Personal Data that We Collect
How and why we use your personal Information
This section explains in detail how and why we use personal data.
- Make our Services available to you
- Manage the accounts you hold with us
- Process your orders and refunds
We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your customer accounts, provide you with the goods and services you want to buy and help you with any orders and refunds you may ask for.
Enable us to implement Volume Trade Discounts.
- Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
- Manage and improve our Websites and Mobile Apps
- Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you
We rely on the use of personal data to carry out market research and internal research and development, and to improve our information technology systems (including security) and our product range and services. This allows us to serve you better as a customer.
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crime
It is important for us to monitor how our Services are used to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of services. This helps us to make sure that you can safely use our Services.
- Personalise your experience
- Use your online browsing behaviour to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services.
- Provide you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post or online advertising), relating to our products and services, and those of our suppliers. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on websites on other organisations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers Partners.
- Contact and interact with you
- Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us.
We want to serve you better as a customer so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications
- Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers Partners.
We need to process your personal data so that we can manage the promotions and competitions you choose to enter.
- Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by us and by other organisations on our behalf.
We carry out market research to improve our Services. However, if we contact you about this, you do not have to take part in the activities. If you tell us that you do not want us to contact you for market research, we will respect this choice.
To help us to better understand you as a customer and to be able to provide you with services and marketing communications, including online advertising, that are relevant to your interests we also combine personal data we collect with personal data collected from our Websites, Mobile Apps and other sources.
Sharing personal data with other organisations
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us; or
- to any other successors in title to our business.
- To other businesses within the Group of our main holding company for the purpose of analysing information and marketing to you products or services which we consider appropriate.
- To after buying within the group and our main holding company for the purpose of analyzing information and market to you products and services we consider appropriate.
1.How we protect personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. We will put in place appropriate protection to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with this Policy.
2.Marketing and Market Research
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products, including associated companies and services, in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
We also like to hear your views to help us to improve our Services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
3.Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small data files that allow a website to collect and store a range of data on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
- Improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work
- Cookies allow us to improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work so that we can personalise your experience and allow you to use many of their useful features.
- Improve the performance of our Websites and Mobile App
- Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites and Mobile Apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse.
These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous
- Deliver relevant online advertising
- Cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our Websites by other organisations, and always with our permission. These Cookies may collect information about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from. This means that you may see our adverts on our Websites and on other organisations’ websites.
- To help us to deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through Cookies in the browser of your desktop computer or other devices with other data that we have collected
- Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
- Cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
Your choices when it comes to Cookies
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our Websites. For example, use any of our products and services that require you to sign in.
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an e-mail to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Modern Packaging asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond. You can contact our company directly or report it or if you are unsure.
links to other websites
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. This is called a Subject Access Request.
If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to:
Data Protection Officer, Europa House, Europa Way, Harwich. Essex CO12 4PT
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The law allows us to charge an administration fee of £10. If you write to us by post, please enclose a cheque or postal order for £10 made payable to “Modern Packaging”.
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data please contact us